Emerson notes the client showed considerable foresight in planning for future renovations upstairs. “They know they’re going to live in this house for a very long time and eventually they want to redo the kitchen. They put in the basics for the kitchen renovation, putting in a gas line for the eventual gas stove. It’s coiled up inside the box right now, waiting to be connected,” she says.
The basement is “really the base of the tree and everything needs to come down cleanly into it,” she adds.
- Bathroom fixtures: Lacava sink and faucets,
www.lacava.com, and Waterworks handshower and tub-filler, www.waterworks.com
- Fireplace: Spark Modern Fires, www.sparkfires.com
- Flooring: American Cork flooring, www.amcork.com
- Hardware: Häfele door hardware, www.hafele.com/us
- Lighting: W.A.C. specialty lighting, www.waclighting.com/USA
- Plumbnlg fixtures: Kohler laundry sink and toilet, www.kohler.com
- Tile: Dal-Tile copper penny tile, www.dal-tile.com
- Windows: Andersen, www.andersenwindows.com