Wooden deck maintenance and replacement can be costly. Suwanee, Ga.-based Gulf Synthetics offers a solution with its UDF-21 composite deck coating, which was showcased in the November 2010 issue,. The polymer coating allows contractors to resurface an existing wood deck by filling in cracks, locking down splinters and fasteners, and creating a slip-resistant surface.
- The choice of roller determines the texture of the slip-resistant surface.
- Color choices are unlimited. Add one gallon of any color exterior latex paint to the kit.
- The coating protects structures from the constant expansion and contraction cycle that destroys wood.
- Drying time between the first and second coats is 30 minutes to one hour, depending on surface temperature, ambient temperature and humidity.
- Light traffic use of the deck can occur within six to eight hours of coating. Full cure time is 24 hours.
- Saves money compared to the cost of replacement or annual maintenance.
- Can be used to resurface wood decks, docks, boardwalks, porches, steps, ramps, gangways, rails, balusters and fences.
- Non-toxic coating can be cleaned with water.
- Is fire-resistant and inhibits the spread of fire.
Lutech Inc. EPL Outdoor Wood Coating
EPL is a milky-white elastic, plastic coating that dries clear in one hour. EPL will preserve the natural or stained color of outdoor wood while providing protection from splinters.
Type 40 in E-Inquiry Form
Ames Research Laboratories Inc.
Safe-T-Deck is a water-based, environmentally friendly, adhesive acrylic latex safety paint. It preserves and protects by increasing the strength of the surface. It also seals decks from moisture and renews the old surface.
Type 41 in E-Inquiry Form