In today’s remodeling-market landscape, smaller-scale remodels are growing in popularity. To maximize dollars, homeowners are looking for attention-grabbing enhancements, like countertop replacement. Boisbriand, Quebec, Canada-based ThinkGlass Inc., whose products were presented in the October 2010 issue, page 53, employs a thermoforming process to create glass countertops with new or repetitive textures, blending function with art.
- Glass countertops are nonporous and stain-resistant; they also can endure high heat without cracking or scorching.
- Countertop edges can be finished in a polished, textured or brushed treatment while the slab
can be produced in 10 standard textures or a custom texture.
- ThinkGlass offers 1 1/2-, 2-, 3- and 4-inch depths; 1 1/2 inch is the standard thickness.
- Countertops come in two standard colors: crystal, a low-iron glass, ranging from virtually colorless to light blue in appearance, and aqua, a deep-green natural-glass hue.
- ThinkGlass countertops can be lit with LEDs in true white or a multicolor option, which can be programmed to change colors or remain on one color.
- ThinkGlass creations contain 25 percent pre-consumer recycled content and are 100 percent recyclable.
- The company follows green manufacturing practices: All scrap glass during the manufacturing process is recycled. Rainwater operates glass-cutting equipment, and transportation crates are made from deadwood to avoid cutting healthy trees.
IceStone Durable Surfaces
The surface material is made from recycled glass placed in a cement matrix. Available in a variety of colors, the material can be used for countertops, tables, vanities or flooring. Type 34 in E-Inquiry Form
Lumicor Recycled Glass Panels
Architectural resin panels are embedded with glass aggregate from crushed bottles, plates, windows and other recycled glass products. Lumiguard can be applied to add antimicrobial properties. Type 35 in E-Inquiry Form