- Designer Lance Stratton, ASID, of La Jolla, CA-based WmOhs, designed this approximately 20'x22' kitchen, as well as the balance of the cabinetry in this new-construction, 6,000-sq.-ft. Fallbrook,
- The space, which the designer describes as crafted in an “Italianate” style, incorporates highly textural details such as grape and leaf moldings and rope detailed pilasters, which work
to blend with the WmOhs Tuscany Style alder cabinetry in a Papyrus finish.
- Storage is provided in a number of areas around the kitchen: a large walk-in pantry for foodstuffs sits behind the range area; adjacent is a butler’s pantry – a handy addition when the homeowners entertain, the designer notes. A hutch area was also included adjacent to display treasured serving pieces.
- Appliances specified include a 48" range and 30" wall oven, both from Wolf, Sub-Zero 700 Series refrigeration and a Miele dishwasher. Small appliance garages were designed into the backsplash areas, which flank the bay window above the kitchen sink to free up countertop space. Inside the expansive, large-scale hood is a Best by Broan PK2238 ventilation unit.
- Lighting was a big consideration for both window placement and fixture selection. During the day, light floods the kitchen from the large windows over the sink and filters in through the French doors in the adjacent family room. The designer describes the lighting scheme as “layered,” with a mix of island pendants, hood lighting and indirect lighting around the room, combined with specific task lighting over work centers.
For more about this project, click here.