- Designed by Joan Kaufman, ASID, IIDA, FSI of Naperville, IL-based Interior Planning & Design, Inc., this formerly split-level home received extensive additions including a full second floor with a large master suite, and a lower-level expansion that included a new sunroom, along with expanded kitchen space.
- The homeowners spend part of the year in their second home in Florida, so the kitchen and adjacent sunroom were styled to reflect a “Florida-meets-Midwest” design theme. This was achieved through soft color choices, natural lighting and material selection.
- Carefully chosen details dot the remodeled space, including light fixtures by Flos and Murray Feiss.
- Kaufman designed an expanded master suite on the second floor that includes a master bath with walk-in shower and jetted tub, and a walk-in wardrobe.
- Product choices for the kitchen include: Giallo Ornamental granite countertops, Brakur Custom Cabinetry in a chocolate glaze on the perimeter and an antique finish on the center island, Brazilian cherry floors, a tile backsplash and accent borders from American International Tile and field tile by Crossville, and appliances by
For more about this project, click here.