- Designed by Peter Johnston and Alyssa Belmonte, IIDA of Peter Johnston Architect, PC, this historical Jersey City, NJ former carriage house suffered from a lack of natural light and an inefficient use of the kitchen and common areas. The design team did a gut renovation on the space and updated the interior to reflect the homeowners’ desire for a streamlined, modern style.
- The central light well above the staircase serves to illuminate all three floors. A Nana glass door/window system along the rear wall in the kitchen encourages the flow of natural light throughout the house. The folding door/window system is retractable, satisfying the family’s desire for a versatile indoor-outdoor entertaining space.
- The product lineup for the kitchen includes Sub-Zero refrigeration, a Wolf oven, microwave and warming drawer, a cooktop from Thermador with a Miele hood, a Bosch dishwasher, a sink from Franke and a KWC faucet.
- A vibrant textured blue tile from Lea Progetta inspired the children’s bath, which includes a toilet by TOTO, sinks and shower controls by DaVinci, tub, faucets and handshower by Hansgrohe, a Danze showerhead and a medicine cabinet from Robern. The designers also reimagined a powder room as a rough, artistic space, with touches such as a carved granite sink, exposed plumbing and hints of metal in the tile and paint.
- Belmonte and Johnson interpreted the request for a hotel-inspired master bath in light shades and a cream-colored limestone set against dark cabinetry. Products include a showerhead and controls from Boffi, Dornbracht lavatory faucet, medicine cabinet by Keuco, a wall-hung Duravit toilet with Geberit tank system, as well as a sink by Duravit.