- Designed by Jean Zinner, ASID, CID of JAZ Designs, Inc. of Santa Monica, CA, this 13'5"x21'5" remodeled kitchen addresses the client’s desire for open space and expanded storage.
- A mix of materials, which contributes to what the designer describes as “eclectic elements with an Old World flavor,” includes limestone countertops, custom iron chandeliers, reproduction wall tiles and a variety of wood species in the cabinetry, floor and island.
- Splashes of color are found in unusual places in the largely traditional kitchen, such as the cobalt blue Viking range, which was added in place of the original range and is complemented by a Viking warming drawer in the same shade.
- The 38"x77" peninsula island plays a large role in creating additional storage; Zinner incorporated open storage into its blue-stained knotty pine cabinetry to accommodate the needs of the homeowners’ three children.
- Product lineup includes custom cabinetry in poplar by All Star Cabinets of Torrance, CA; farm sink and faucets from Rohl; Kohler self-rimming island sink; a stainless steel microwave, cobalt blue range and warming drawer from Viking and dual dishwashers from Miele.
For more about this project, click here.