- Designed by Roland Neifield, Jr., president of Northfield Sales Co., along with company staff designer and draftsmen David Leone, and staff artist Emily Neifield, ASID, this kitchen reaches new heights in design, as it is set in a 17th floor penthouse residence overlooking Baltimore’s famed Inner Harbor.
- According to Neifield, the focal point is a huge 72" custom seamless polished brass hood by Abbaka, which was shaped to match the curvature of the barrel-vaulted ceiling above it. This also mirrors the curve of the raised seating area of the island.
- The 12'x5-1/2' island features a radical four-level design that incorporates a lowered baking center, main-level top with sinks and dishwashers, raised-level island seating and an upper cap that conceals a lift-up plasma television.
- Roll-out shelving is installed wherever possible, with pull-out towel rod and potholder racks behind the turned legs at the sink and ranges to offer copious storage space.
- Products lineup: 72" custom seamless polished brass hood by Abbaka ; two 30" Viking ranges; Sub-Zero 601R refrigerator, 601F freezer, 424 G/O wine cooler and 700BCI refrigerator/freezer drawer with icemaker; Fisher & Paykel dishwashers; GE JEM31S microwave; two Dacor IWO27 warming drawers; two KitchenAid disposers with pressure switches; an Auton TV lift; an undermount sink by Blanco America; faucetry from Rohl; dark-painted maple cabinets by Kountry Kraft; granite inlaid solid Zebrawood countertops by Craft-Art, and recessed and undercounter lighting.
For more about this project, click here.