Millennium vinyl siding, featuring patented Smartwall technology, is now offered by CertainTeed. Millennium is engineered with a nail-tight flexible hem that nails securely to the wall. Each panel is suspended by 2,800 tough PermaFlex Suspension Cables fusion-welded into .088-in.-thick siding material, allowing Millennium to easily expand and contract with changes in temperature. Millennium comes with 16-in. stud nailing indicators for fast installation. The product is available in classic double 4-in. clapboard and double 4 1/2-in. dutchlap profiles.
For support, VSI backs products and educates installers. “Remodelers have long trusted vinyl siding for its durability, low maintenance and value,” says VSI’s Huntley. “Additionally, vinyl siding is the only exterior cladding with both third-party product certification and certified installer programs, both of which are administered by an independent quality control agency.”
VSI is the sponsor of the VSI Vinyl Siding Product Certification Program and the VSI Vinyl Siding Certified Installer Program, which certify that vinyl siding products and colors meet or exceed ASTM quality standards, and that vinyl siding installers demonstrate knowledge of ASTM-accepted installation techniques.
The VSI Vinyl Siding Certified Installer Program trains and tests experienced vinyl siding professionals on standardized installation techniques. The program requires vinyl siding professionals to demonstrate their knowledge of vinyl siding installation based on the industry standard, ASTM D4756.
Huntley adds, “The VSI Vinyl Siding Product Certification Program gives remodelers confidence in knowing that homes clad with certified vinyl siding will deliver lasting performance and attractiveness, durability, low maintenance and affordability.”
Whether your customer wants increased curb appeal or just less maintenance, vinyl is the answer. Beauty, style, strength and support are all rolled into one with today’s vinyl siding.
Use the reader service card for more information on the following suppliers:
- CertainTeed For more info please indicate #134 on e-Inquiry.
- Crane Performance Siding For more info please indicate #135 on e-Inquiry.
- Gentek Building Products For more info please indicate #136 on e-Inquiry.
- Heartland Building Products For more info please indicate #137 on e-Inquiry.
- Kaycan For more info please indicate #138 on e-Inquiry.
- Nailite International For more info please indicate #139 on e-Inquiry.
- Royal Building Products For more info please indicate #140 on e-Inquiry.
- The Foundry by Tapco For more info please indicate #173 on e-Inquiry.
- Variform For more info please indicate #16 on e-Inquiry.