WindsorONE+ primed boards save time and money for builders, remodelers and their painting contractors. The trim boards are made from solid, sustainably grown timber stands and are consistently straight, tight and true. Knots do not exist in WindsorONE+ boards.
Brick and Stone Veneers
Brick and stone veneers and cast products can be attached to the outside of the home without the weight of actual product and for less. One of the most appealing aspects of these veneers is that they are a lower maintenance product compared to their full-bodied counterparts because there is little to no mortar to worry about maintaining down the road.
BellaStone, a part of Exterior Portfolio by Crane — a design group of products from Crane Performance Siding — offers authentic stone designs without the excessive labor and other complications of typical stone installation. BellaStone is now available in ledge stone style panels that come in Tuscan or Torino.
Robinson Brick’s Old Brick Originals product is a real brick that is uniquely cut and packaged into lightweight Thinbrick tiles and corners, allowing the freedom to create magnificent interior and exterior walls without the need for load-bearing foundations. Old Brick Originals is available in a variety of colors in addition to hundreds of brick colors that can be custom cut into Thinbrick tiles and corners to match any interior decor.
Stucco and Synthetic Stucco
Stucco is a cement mixture usually applied to wooden walls or masonry that are covered when used for siding. The structure is reinforced with paper and chicken wire or a metal screening. Synthetic stucco systems may use a variety of different things to give the appearance of stucco, but without the weight associated with real stucco, including foam insulation board or cement panels.
Sto Powerwall Next from Sto Corp. weighs less and can be installed faster than conventional stuccos. It includes: Sto Guard spray-on waterproofing/air barrier featuring EmeraldCoat; reinforcing layer that is expanded galvanized diamond metal lath; scratch coat/brown coat; and a finish that is a flexible, acrylic based, ready-mixed, water-based surface that is either smooth or textured.
GX2 Premium Exterior Stucco from Expo Stucco Products incorporates 10 percent recycled content into the mix, which qualifies it for LEED points. It is available in a variety of textures and colors.
Sakrete’s Water Resistant Type S Mortar/Stucco masonry and stucco product is designed for interior and exterior building and repair of load-bearing walls. In addition, the formula is ideal for use in high-strength structural construction below or above ground level.
A lot of manufacturers of siding products are also offering appropriate trim products to match their products. Trim can come in fiber cement, wood, natural and cast stone and a variety of synthetic materials. Synthetic material offerings have really taken off due to their low maintenance and resistances to rotting, insects and deterioration.
With regular AZEK Trim, the boards can be milled, routed, heat bent or wrapped around columns. Carpenters can create just about anything out of AZEK Trim. To save steps, remodelers can also select AZEK Mouldings. The mouldings come from the factory already in crown, ram’s crown, cove, drip cap, brick mould and many other profiles, so they can be used as is, or layered to create even more ornate exterior mouldings.
Use the reader service card for more information on the following suppliers:
- ABC Seamless For more info, please indicate #113 in eInquiry form.
- Alco Home Exteriors For more info, please indicate #114 in eInquiry form.
- ArcusStone For more info, please indicate #115 in eInquiry form.
- AZEK For more info, please indicate #116 in eInquiry form.
- CertainTeed For more info, please indicate #117 in eInquiry form.
- Crane Performance Siding For more info, please indicate #118 in eInquiry form.
- Eldorado Stone For more info, please indicate #119 in eInquiry form.
- Expo Stucco Products For more info, please indicate #140 in eInquiry form.
- James Hardie For more info, please indicate #141 in eInquiry form.
- Owens Corning Cultured Stone For more info, please indicate #143 in eInquiry form.
- Robinson Brick For more info, please indicate #144 in eInquiry form.
- Sakrete For more info, please indicate #145 in eInquiry form.
- Sto Corp For more info, please indicate #146 in eInquiry form.
- Stuc-O-Flex For more info, please indicate #147 in eInquiry form.
- The Collins Companies For more info, please indicate #148 in eInquiry form.
- The Foundry For more info, please indicate #149 in eInquiry form.
- Windsor Mill For more info, please indicate #151 in eInquiry form.