“Consumers want quality products that are beautiful and easy to care for over the life of the product. Pella provides convenient solutions for consumers and, in doing so, provides opportunities for remodelers to build their business and their profit potential,” she said.
One size, or color, does not fit all. And there’s an incredible selection of hardware and finishes to meet nearly anyone’s style whether they’re looking to match or contrast.
“Coordinating window and door hardware with other fixtures and furnishings in the home is another hot trend,” says Krafka Harkema. “For example, satin-nickel or oil-rubbed bronze hardware on windows and doors can coordinate with light fixtures, faucets and other features in a home.”
Pella introduced a new collection of colors on the ProLine Series of wood windows. In addition to white, tan, or brown, new exterior colors for this year include Hartford Green, Brick Red, Black, Putty, and Poplar White. ProLine also features simulated-divided-light permanent grilles on all window styles.
With the rollout of its new line of vinyl windows, PGT Series 2100 offers the profile of wood with the durability of vinyl. Options include contoured grid patterns, simulated divided lite, glass tints and trim finishes.
Simonton Windows offers a new driftwood color for its vinyl windows and sliding patio doors in the company’s replacement product lines. The new color complements the existing options of white and tan.
Marvin’s Integrity Windows and Doors offer new features on their Wood-Ultrex casement and awning windows. The windows now include a Multipoint Sequential Lock and Heavy Duty Sash Keeper, promising enhanced performance and structural robustness. The sash keeper helps the sash withstand various stressors and prevents the sash from bowing and flexing in challenging conditions. The windows also feature Dual-arm Operating Roto Gear and are available in five new casement sizes. Wood-Ultrex is a strong nonwood material with low maintenance.
Kolbe and Kolbe Millwork Co.’s Ultra Pocket double-hung, all-in-one replacement window can be installed from either the interior or exterior. The window’s 3 1/4-in. pocket jamb depth fits most standard applications. The exterior frame and sash are made of extruded aluminum and coated with a 70 percent fluoropolymer finish in a broad palette of colors. Interiors may be requested with pre-finishing and specified in a variety of wood species. Both upper and lower sash can be tilted in for easy cleaning and removal, and come standard with H°K LoE²-270 insulating glass.
Clearly, the remodeling market is booming. With an enormous number of windows addressing energy efficiency, high-end improvements, aging homeowners, and design and style trends, the potential for the replacement window market is wide open.
Use the reader service card for more information on the following suppliers:
- Hy-Lite Products Inc. For more info, please indicate #17 in eInquiry form.
- Jeld-Wen Windows & Doors For more info, please indicate #18 in eInquiry form.
- Kolbe and Kolbe Millwork Co. For more info, please indicate #19 in eInquiry form.
- Marvin Windows and Doors For more info, please indicate #20 in eInquiry form.
- Milgard Windows & Doors For more info, please indicate #21 in eInquiry form.
- Peachtree Doors & Windows For more info, please indicate #22 in eInquiry form.
- Pella Windows & Doors For more info, please indicate #23 in eInquiry form.
- PGT Industries For more info, please indicate #24 in eInquiry form.
- Simonton Windows For more info, please indicate #133 in eInquiry form.
- Weather Shield Windows & Doors For more info, please indicate #26 in eInquiry form.
- Windsor Windows & Doors For more info, please indicate #27 in eInquiry form.