- The design was a collaborative effort between homeowners Joe and Karen Dunn, with architectural engineer Jeff Uschak, George Mittaly of Mittaly Cabinets and Nick Gulas of J & J Construction, this angelic-themed layout features doors, stained glass and lights – all restored from a recently razed church in their hometown.
- Other salvaged parts include repurposed barn beams for the ceiling; oak hardwood flooring from another church demolition.
- Storage is featured primarily in the easy-retrieval cabinets. The cabinets feature roll-out shelving to add efficiency to food preparation tasks and meal clean-up.
- Two skylights were installed to increase natural light, while two recessed eyeball lights were added on the fireplace, a spotlight was added on the stained-glass window above the door, and six other recessed eyeball lights were used throughout the kitchen ceiling.
- The island has a right dog leg to add space in between the island, fireplace and the breakfast nook for a more open feel.
- Product lineup: Mittaly Cabinets; stainless steel hood from Tech Sheet Metal; Turbo Air model TSR-23SD refrigerator and Turbo model TSF-23SD freezer; six-burner, gas double oven from DCS; double-bowl stainless steel apron sink from Leaky; Fisher & Paykel dishwashers; “Lady Lox” stainless steel faucet from Grohe; Panasonic microwave; Vanite countertops from Vangura Co.; Velux non-venting, self-flashed skylights and stained glass Tiffany chandelier.
For more about this project, click here.