- Designed by Jim Madsen of Turlock, CA-based Design Classics, along with general contractor Sid Nightengale Construction, this new construction authentically replicates Thomas Jefferson’s “Monticello” style, Madsen notes. A custom copper hood from Rangecraft serves as the room’s focal point.
- Custom cherry cabinetry, complete with custom cherry rope moldings to accent the upper cabinets, was chosen for the room. The cabinets are enhanced by hand-carved cherry corbels and cabinet feet accents from Enkeboll Designs.
- In order to maximize space, two peninsula islands on either end of the kitchen were incorporated into the space, creating a landing space for food going to the dining table on one end and a perching spot for guests in the family room to relax on the other end.
- Storage was another key element to the success of the design, as various storage nooks were integrated into the space. Included are as an appliance garage next to the refrigerator that provides convenient storage for the coffeemaker, toaster, blender and other small appliances.
- Product lineup includes: Custom cherry cabinetry with dentil crown and rope accents; Dacor 46" preference all-gas cooktop, Dacor 30" Epicure oven, Dacor warming drawer and Dacor microwave/convection oven combo; Rangecraft custom copper hood; GE Monogram 48" refrigerator, GE dishwasher, trash compactor and ice maker; KitchenAid mixer; CaesarStone countertops; Danze faucets; instant hot water unit by Everhot; hand-carved cherry corbels and cabinet feet from Enkeboll; hand-made backsplash tile from Ann Sacks, and polished brass hardware from Top Knobs.
For more about this project, click here.