Charleston, SC — Jack Kellerman, president of Kellerman Kitchen & Bath of Baton Rouge, LA, has been selected by the SEN Design Group as the tenth recipient of the “M.A. Peterson Businessperson of The Year Award,” the organization announced.
The award, announced by SEN Design Group president Ken Peterson, CKD, was presented during the organization’s recent National Spring Conference, which attracted some 350 members and vendors to Charleston.
Kellerman was recognized for his company’s outstanding support of SEN Preferred Vendors, his 2006 record of high business achievement and his “commendable business practices,” Peterson said.
Kellerman Kitchen & Bath increased its material purchases from SEN Preferred Vendors by 3,869%, to $1,272,000 in 2006.
“Your example of business excellence is now the model for others to emulate,” said Peterson in presenting Kellerman with a trophy, $500 check and complimentary, two-page spread in Signature Kitchens & Baths magazine.
The award is named in honor of Peterson’s father, who made notable contributions to the kitchen and bath industry during his 30-year career.
Other individual dealer honors at the SEN Awards Banquet went to the following:.
- George Menihtas, president of Boston Kitchen Distributors, of Wilmington, MA, won the “Newcomer of the Year Award” for his support of SEN Vendors. In his first full year of group affiliation, Menihtas purchased over $2.1 million in product.
- Raffael Brugnoni, CKD, president of Woodmaster Kitchens, of St. Clair Shores, MI, was recognized as the “Best Design Studio Businessperson.” His firm achieved a 169% increase in member purchases of Preferred Vendor products, “worked hard at improving its marketing and management expertise, and consistently followed sound business practices,” according to SEN.
- Bruce Bauerle, CKD, president of Five Star Kitchens, of Valley Stream, NY, won the “Rising Star Award,” presented to a SEN member with less than five years of affiliation with the group “who has provided outstanding support to Preferred Vendors and thoroughly embraced group values.” In 2006, Bauerle’s firm purchased $1 million in SEN Vendor products – a 123% increase over his 2005 performance.
- Tim and Beth Tait, owners of Lifestyle Kitchen & Bath Center, of Parker, CO, won the first-ever “Steady Star Award” for their “consistently high member purchase performance for three years in a row and their embrace of group values,” according to SEN.
- Frank McCormick, of McCormick Kitchens, in Saugus, MA, and Jim Bloede of Kitchen & Bath Authority, in Wheaton, IL, were presented with “Shining Star” awards for referring key new members to the group in 2006.
The SEN Design Group also announced nine award-winners for outstanding vendor sales achievement in 2006. The honors went to the following companies:
- Vendor of the Year Level 1 – Gold Award: Holiday Kitchens, with special recognition for their group sponsorships.
- Vendor of the Year Level 1 – Silver Award: Bertch Cabinet Manufacturing.
- Vendor of the Year Level 2 – Gold Award: Dal-Tile.
- Vendor of the Year Level 2 – Silver Award: The Stock Market.
- Vendor of the Year Level 3 – Task Lighting, with special recognition of their support for group programs.
- Vendor of the Year Level 3 – Silver Award: Warmly Yours.
- Newcomer Vendors of the Year – General Electric and Danze, for sales performances in their inaugural year of group affiliation.
- Rep of the Year – Loren Wright of Wright Source, representing Holiday Kitchens and Task Lighting, for “outstanding service to SEN members and promoting the many values of SEN membership to his dealer network,” according to SEN.
Based in Chapel Hill, NC, the SEN Design Group has over 230 kitchen and bath member firms in the U.S. More than 60 vendors in cabinetry, appliances, plumbing fixtures, lighting, decorative hardware, flooring, countertop surfaces, tile, accessories and bathroom equipment are affiliated with the organization.