LAS VEGAS, NV—
There aren’t many safe bets in Las Vegas, but there is one thing you can bet on with confidence this spring…the return of the Kitchen/Bath Industry Show & Conference (K/BIS). The National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) brings K/BIS, the world’s largest international trade event dedicated to the kitchen and bath industry, to the Las Vegas Convention Center May 8-10.
As the premier showcase for the latest products and cutting-edge design innovations in the kitchen and bath industry, K/BIS 2007 will bring together more than 900 exhibiting companies and over 40,000 national and international industry professionals. K/BIS features a wide array of product displays and demonstrations, NKBA professional development courses, keynote speeches, conference sessions, and interactive roundtable events. There’s always something going on at K/BIS.
“The incredible energy, enthusiasm, and dedication that surround this show are true indicators of the vitality of the industry,” says Michael Kelly, chief executive officer of the NKBA.
Plethora of Products
The energy will be buzzing around the New Product Pavilion, which will host the latest in product innovations. Here, products will be separated by category, to help visitors navigate more easily. Product categories this year will include appliances, sinks, vanities, decorative and functional hardware, showers, range hoods, vanities, cabinetry plus much more.
A must-see for all K/BIS attendees, the NKBA Industry Trends Marketplace will showcase trend-setting product lines and highlight the prominent features that tie these products together in driving the current industry atmosphere. Located on the K/BIS Expo/Show Floor in the South Hall, the specialty products showcase and learning areas will focus on advancements in green design, technological advancements in the kitchen and bath and new ideas in outdoor living. Inside the Industry Trends Marketplace, the NKBA Center Stage will host various forums and discussions on the hottest trends forecasted as well as the issues that affect the kitchen and bath industry today.
The South Hall Expo/Show Floor opens at 9:00 a.m.; North and Central Floors open at 10:00 p.m., and the show will close at 5 p.m. on May 8th and 9th, and 3 p.m. on May 10th. (See KBDN’s K/BIS show product coverage)
As in years past, the educational courses will kick off before the trade floor opens. This year’s program starts May 5 with a three-day professional development course and a series of full-day and half-day courses. (See the full schedule of educational conferences)
The conference sessions will focus on cornerstone issues of the industry such as building business and leadership, successful designs and designers, technology in the industry and the latest and greatest trends. This year’s Conference Tracks feature Green Remodeling: Changing the World One Room at a Time, Navigating the Contradictions of the New Trend Landscape, and Sweet Dreams & Rude Awakenings: Lighting Designs for Kitchens and Baths. The NKBA will again offer professional development courses focusing on topics like European design trends, improving business management, selling techniques and others.
In addition to product displays and educational programs, there will be a series of special events, meetings and social activities tailored to kitchen and bath industry professionals.
- An invitation-only NKBA Chapter Officer’s Forum/Ambassadors Club Luncheon, featuring Patricia A. Moore, president of Moore Design Associates. An internationally renowned gerontologist and designer, Moore is a leading authority on consumer lifespan behaviors and requirements and will center her talk on the growing relevance of Universal Design. May 7 from 12:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. at The Las Vegas Convention Center.
- The invitation-only NKBA Board of Directors’ Gala & Cocktail Reception, the annual K/BIS kick-off ceremony, which will feature the announcement of the 2007 NKBA Design Competition Pinnacle Award winner and the 2007 Hall of Fame inductees. May 7 from 6:30 p.m. to midnight at the Venetian Resort Hotel Casino.
- The NKBA Opening Keynote will kick off the opening of the exhibit floor and will provide an enlightening and refreshing experience for attendees as life and business lessons are shared to start the show off on an encouraging note. May 8 from 8 a.m. to 9:15 a.m.
- Winners of the NKBA Design Competition and Student Design Competition will be honored at the first-ever NKBA Design Competition Awards Luncheon. The awards recognize excellence in the field of design. May 8 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- The NKBA and Meredith Corporation are partnering, for the second year in a row, to bring the latest trends and products in kitchen and bath design to K/BIS. The Design Idea Center features a unique collaboration between five of Meredith’s most popular consumer publications, Better Homes and Gardens and Kitchen and Bath Ideas, among them. Each magazine will concentrate on the concept of “Everyday Getaways,” calming and soothing atmospheres which create the feeling of getting away without leaving home, and will present rooms such as the “Gourmet Traveler At Home” and a “Gardener’s Kitchen.”
- The NKBA Closing Keynote Luncheon will feature Jeff Taylor. Taylor reinvented the way job hunters seek employment as founder and former CEO of Monster.com. With his new venture, Eons.com, Taylor has once again harnessed the power of the Internet to tap into the burgeoning boomer generation, creating a spirited online community for adults aged 50 and older. The luncheon will be held May 10 from 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m.