1. Using a new color streaking process, the TimberTech Earthwood Plank replicates the look of an expensive tropical hardwood. In 2006, TimberTech Earthwood in Tropical Walnut is available as deck plank and fascia. Made from a patented formulation of pure plastic resins and high-quality wood flour, the TimberTech Earthwood Planks are low-maintenance. TimberTech Earthwood Planks are available in 12-, 16- and 20-ft. lengths, and each plank is backed by a 25-year limited warranty. TimberTech.
2. WeatherBest composite decking and railing components, made of recycled wood fibers and high-density polyethylene plastic, are resistant to termites, rot, decay, splintering and checking. WeatherBest decking cuts, drills and installs like wood and can go around radius curves, but is never twisted or crooked like wood. Matching railing and fascia complete the look for the WeatherBest products, which are backed by a 10-year limited warranty. Louisiana-Pacific.
3. TAMKO introduces Elements Grain — an extruded composite decking product featuring a reversible natural grain finish. Elements Grain can be used alone for a traditional look, or with Elements Corded or Matte finishes for a contemporary look. Elements Grain is available in four naturally weathering colors — Cape Cod Grey, Cedar, Redwood and Weathered Wood. TAMKO.
4. A new addition to Universal Forest Products’ Latitudes Composite Decking line is the Latitudes Equator Decking and Hidden Fastener System. These slotted decking boards install over I-joists and allow for easy installation of a hidden fastener that creates a more uniform and finished look. The fastening systems also allows for natural expansion and contraction of the decking board caused by varying weather cycles. Universal Forest Products.
5. Cecco Trading introduces Garapa Gold decking, which features a unique honey to golden brown hue. Garapa Gold resists rot, decay, splinters, scratches and even fire without any chemical treatments. Each piece of 100 percent Clear All-Heart Garapa Gold is hand-inspected to ensue the absence of knots and sapwood streaks. Cecco Trading.
6. Alcoa Home Exteriors introduces four new colors in Oasis composite decking and railing. The new color choices include Carolina pine, New England grey, Pacific redwood and teak. In addition to color choices, plank surfaces are reversible with wood grain on one side and brushed on the other. Alcoa Home Exteriors.
7.GeoDeck Composite Decking and Railing System distinguishes itself from other composites with its rich, fade-resistant colors (Driftwood, Cedar and Mahogany). The key to GeoDeck’s fade resistance is Biodac, its proprietary ingredient made by the recovery of purified cellulose fibers and other minerals. GeoDeck’s Tongue and Groove board has a hollow profile, which is lighter and easier to handle and install than other composite boards. GeoDeck.
8. The Dream Deck 3000 System from Thermal Industries features a patented crowned vinyl plank design that facilitates water drainage. This is combined with a unique and attractive embossing pattern to provide a nonslip walking surface. Dream Deck 3000 will not splinter and has no exposed fasteners. Homeowners may choose from white, earth tones and gray colors to complement their home’s exterior. Thermal Industries.
9. Correct Building Products introduces CorrectDeck CX with Microban antimicrobial product protection. It resists mold and mildew, stains, color fading and enhances traction control. It’s designed to be a low-maintenance product. Correct Building Products.
10. DOW introduces Symmatrix, a composite decking that is a blend of wood and polymer. A deck made with Symmatrix does not require sealing or staining and is designed to stand up to the elements for many years. It resists water absorption, cracking, splitting and warping, and requires significantly less maintenance than a conventional wood deck. With a choice of three colors and two textures, Symmatrix Composite Decking is reversible, with a wood grain texture on one side and a contemporary brushed surface on the other. DOW.
11. Wolmanized Residential Outdoor Wood, which has earned the Good Housekeeping Seal, is intended for use in decks, gazebos, walkways, landscaping and other exposed projects. Wolmanized Residential Outdoor wood is real wood treated with a copper-based preservative (copper azole) containing an organic fungicide. The preservative reduces demands on forest resources by providing wood with long-term resistance to its natural enemies. Arch Wood Protection.
12. Royal Crown Limited introduces Harmony Select Decking which uses Celucor, Royal Group’s patented alternative to hardwood that integrates wood grain’s allure, composite’s versatility and vinyl’s weather resistance. Offered in two nature-inspired colors, Seaside and Sunset, Harmony Select’s accurate wood grain appearance complements any home. Royal Crown.