1. Weyerhaeuser’s Structurwood Edge Gold is Oriented Strand Board (OSB) floor panels that now include a stronger, extended limited warranty of 50 years and a 90-day no-sand guarantee. Each panel is touch-sanded to deliver a uniform appearance and tighter thickness tolerance.
2. Boise Engineered Wood Products rolls out several new BCI Joist products with wider flanges than the ones they replace. The new products enjoy product formulations for improved utilization of available forest resources and feature performance at least as high as the ones they replace. The new products include BCI 5000, 6000 and 6500, which replaces the BCI 400, 450 and 500 Series respectively.
3. Louisiana-Pacific offers several series of I-joists, laminated veneer lumber (LVL) and rim board for residential and commercial construction. LPI Joists feature strong oriented board and depths from 9 1/2 to 24 in. are available. Gang-Lam LVL (pictured) is ideal for beams, headers or other primary load-carrying members. It is offered in thicknesses of 1 1/2, 1 3/4, 3 1/2, 5 1/4 and 7 in. and depths from 7 1/4 to 23 7/8 in.
4. The Anthony Power Beam LSL (Laminated Structural Lumber), from Anthony Forest Products, is a glued laminated beam and header used where engineered wood applications are required. This beam features a consistent average of 12 percent moisture, which is near equilibrium moisture content. The Power Beam’s 3 1/2- and 5 1/2-in. widths match 2x4 and 2x6 wall framing.
5. Georgia-Pacific’s Wood I Beam joists are lighter and easier to handle than ordinary lumber and offer high strength and stiffness in lengths up to 60 ft. GP Wood I Beams resist shrinking and twisting, and they deliver high dimensional stability with consistent depth, stiffness and strength characteristics. Ideal for complex framing plans, they often allow greater interior height because electrical conduit, plumbing and most HVAC can be passed through the web.
6. WindsorONE’s finger-jointed S4SSE trim boards are double-primed with 100 percent acrylic latex primer on all six sides and work well in rake, fascia, soffit and band board applications. This lumber is an engineered wood board that is end and edge-glued, with glue joints stronger than the wood itself. Made of kiln dried, finger-jointed wood blocks to minimize the natural tendency for lumber to distort, the S4SSE trim boards come in 12- and 16-ft. lengths.