Fortune Brands Completes Purchase

Deerfield, IL — Fortune Brands, Inc., the parent company of Moen and the Masterbrand cabinet group, has added to its home products brands by completing the acquisition of SBR, Inc., led by Simonton Windows, a major player in the replacement window category.

“Simonton’s focus on energy-efficient windows in the attractive replacement segment of the market gives us an excellent growth platform in the fragmented $10-billion windows category,” said Fortune Brands chairman and CEO Norm Wesley.

“With leading positions in kitchen and bath, exterior doors and windows, we’re focused on what we consider the ‘sweet spot’ of the home products market.”

The purchase price was approximately $630 million, of which roughly 51% was paid in stock and the remaining 49% in cash and assumed debt, according to the publicly traded Fortune Brands.

Loading