HACKETTSTOWN, NJ — Better Homes and Gardens Special Interest Publications and the National Kitchen & Bath Association have entered into an exclusive, multi-year media partnership, BH&G announced last month.
Effective January 2006, Kitchen and Bath Ideas will be the “official consumer publication” of the NKBA, and will be delivered to the NKBA’s 13,000 dealer/distributor members, according to BH&G Special Interest Publications group publisher Stephen Levinson.
“This partnership will leverage our expertise in the home and shelter marketplace to create strategic opportunities that will raise the visibility and awareness of the kitchen and bath industry,” stated Levinson.
The strategic alliance replaces one that recently expired between the Hackettstown, NJ-based NKBA and long-time former media partner Woman’s Day Special Interest Publications.
Under the terms of the agreement, Meredith Corp. – Better Homes and Gardens Special Interest Publications’ parent company – will unveil five custom-created kitchens and baths at the 2006 Kitchen/Bath Industry Show (K/BIS).
The Meredith and NKBA Design Idea Center will be a 10,000-sq.-ft. showcase of kitchens and baths inspired by BH&G’s portfolio of shelter titles, including Kitchen and Bath Ideas, Better Homes and Gardens, Traditional Home, Country Home, and Midwest Living.
According to Levinson, the new NKBA-BH&G partnership also includes the following components:
- BH&G SIPs will contribute to the NKBA’s annual design competition, including having the Kitchen and Bath Ideas editor serve as a judge for the contest.
- BH&G SIPs will sponsor a new award in the NKBA design competition.
- NKBA designers will serve on a new Kitchen and Bath Ideas Editorial Advisory Board.
- BH&G SIPs will provide 250 pages of editorial coverage on kitchen and bath design ideas and projects.
- BH&G SIPs will facilitate communications with NKBA members through a quarterly newsletter, which the magazine group will write and produce.