Most people are familiar with the phrase, "It's all in the details." Often, it's the details that are incorporated into a product that elevate it from simply good to truly exceptional.
This is particularly the case with kitchen and bath cabinetry, when the details of each component are essential to both the overall aesthetic appeal and the functional value imparted to consumers. For that reason, top-of-the-line functional hardware, high-quality decorative elements, attractively detailed mouldings and a variety of finish choices can add up to happy customers and profitable dealers.
Manufacturers offering kitchen and bath cabinet components understand the importance of product enhancement in today's upscale market, and continue to introduce items that provide both ease of use and attractive design solutions. From soft-close hinges that prevent door slamming to striking decorative corbels, manufacturers are pushing forward to provide products that look great and work even better.
Here and on the next four pages, Kitchen & Bath Design News reviews some of the latest cabinet components on the market today.
1. VT Industries Inc. offers wood cabinet doors, drawer fronts and stylish accents that combine innovative technology and quality craftsmanship, the company notes. Mortise and tenon, mitered, and specialty and mullion doors are available in a variety of species.
Enter No. 300 in E-inquiry
2. The Metallic Line Tambour Door System from Rehau features genuine metal
extrusions on a polymer base for a true metallic look and feel, the company reports. The system is available in aluminum and stainless steel finishes.
Enter No. 301 in E-inquiry
3. WalzCraft Industries adds Rustic White Hickory to its line of wood grades and species. It is available in a variety of door styles with numerous finish combinations.
Enter No. 302 in E-inquiry
4. A complete line of hand-carved corbels, appliqu's, mouldings and valences is available from National Products Co. The products are offered in Red Oak, Hard Maple and Cherry.
Enter No. 303 in E-inquiry
5. Architectural Glass Effects, a div. of Studio J, has added six styles of acid-etched glass and 'two patterned clear glass' to its overall line of 121 types of clean and colored textured architectural glass. Shown is AGE2030 Soleil acid-etched glass.
Enter No. 304 in E-inquiry
6. Maple or White PVC-wrapped particleboard drawers are available from Valendrawers, Inc. Components are wrapped 360' in PVC with overlapping edges concealed in the drawer bottoms groove to minimize visible edges and prohibit delamination, the company reports.
Enter No. 305 in E-inquiry
7. Brown Wood Products Co. has expanded its line of Arts and Crafts corbels and is now offering 3"x5"x7/8" and 5"x7"x1-1/2" brackets. These cabinet brackets match the company's existing line of Cosmo and Cornelia corbels. The latest pieces are offered in Hard Maple, Cherry, Alder and Red Oak.
Enter No. 306 in E-inquiry
8. Corbels from Adams Wood Products, Inc. are designed to complement the company's line of island legs, bun feet, onlays and other stock items, the company reports. The corbels are available in five different woods and two sizes.
Enter No. 307 in E-inquiry
9. Weyerhaeuser/Aracruz Wood Products offers Lyptus, premium-grade lumber that's derived from a Eucalyptus hybrid. Lyptus features a grain similar to mahogany and features a cherry coloring. Its density allows the wood to take stains and finishes evenly, making it a hardwood that can take on the look of walnut, cherry, mahogany or maple, depending on the finish material used, Weyerhaeuser reports.
Enter No. 308 in E-inquiry
10. Mepla-Alfit offers Soft-close, a soft-closing system that features advanced engineering, according to the company. With Soft-close, the motion of doors is softly slowed so that the door closes smoothly and quietly, the company adds. Installation is tool-less.
Enter No. 309 in E-inquiry