Most people are familiar with the phrase, "It's all in the details." Often, it's the details that are incorporated into a product that elevate it from simply good to truly exceptional.
This is particularly the case with kitchen and bath cabinetry, when the details of each component are essential to both the overall aesthetic appeal and the functional value imparted to consumers. For that reason, top-of-the-line functional hardware, high-quality decorative elements, attractively detailed mouldings and a variety of finish choices can add up to happy customers and profitable dealers.
Manufacturers offering kitchen and bath cabinet components understand the importance of product enhancement in today's upscale market, and continue to introduce items that provide both ease of use and attractive design solutions. From soft-close hinges that prevent door slamming to striking decorative corbels, manufacturers are pushing forward to provide products that look great and work even better.
Here and on the next four pages, Kitchen & Bath Design News reviews some of the latest cabinet components on the market today.
1. VT Industries Inc. offers wood cabinet doors, drawer fronts and stylish accents that combine innovative technology and quality craftsmanship, the company notes. Mortise and tenon, mitered, and specialty and mullion doors are available in a variety of species.
Enter No. 300 in E-inquiry
2. The Metallic Line Tambour Door System from Rehau features genuine metal
extrusions on a polymer base for a true metallic look and feel, the company reports. The system is available in aluminum and stainless steel finishes.
Enter No. 301 in E-inquiry
3. WalzCraft Industries adds Rustic White Hickory to its line of wood grades and species. It is available in a variety of door styles with numerous finish combinations.
Enter No. 302 in E-inquiry
4. A complete line of hand-carved corbels, appliqu's, mouldings and valences is available from National Products Co. The products are offered in Red Oak, Hard Maple and Cherry.
Enter No. 303 in E-inquiry
5. Architectural Glass Effects, a div. of Studio J, has added six styles of acid-etched glass and 'two patterned clear glass' to its overall line of 121 types of clean and colored textured architectural glass. Shown is AGE2030 Soleil acid-etched glass.
Enter No. 304 in E-inquiry
6. Maple or White PVC-wrapped particleboard drawers are available from Valendrawers, Inc. Components are wrapped 360' in PVC with overlapping edges concealed in the drawer bottoms groove to minimize visible edges and prohibit delamination, the company reports.
Enter No. 305 in E-inquiry
7. Brown Wood Products Co. has expanded its line of Arts and Crafts corbels and is now offering 3"x5"x7/8" and 5"x7"x1-1/2" brackets. These cabinet brackets match the company's existing line of Cosmo and Cornelia corbels. The latest pieces are offered in Hard Maple, Cherry, Alder and Red Oak.
Enter No. 306 in E-inquiry
8. Corbels from Adams Wood Products, Inc. are designed to complement the company's line of island legs, bun feet, onlays and other stock items, the company reports. The corbels are available in five different woods and two sizes.
Enter No. 307 in E-inquiry
9. Weyerhaeuser/Aracruz Wood Products offers Lyptus, premium-grade lumber that's derived from a Eucalyptus hybrid. Lyptus features a grain similar to mahogany and features a cherry coloring. Its density allows the wood to take stains and finishes evenly, making it a hardwood that can take on the look of walnut, cherry, mahogany or maple, depending on the finish material used, Weyerhaeuser reports.
Enter No. 308 in E-inquiry
10. Mepla-Alfit offers Soft-close, a soft-closing system that features advanced engineering, according to the company. With Soft-close, the motion of doors is softly slowed so that the door closes smoothly and quietly, the company adds. Installation is tool-less.
Enter No. 309 in E-inquiry
11. Cal Door has added the Contemporary line of door styles to its offering. The doors are available in all wood species, including Barcelon in Red Birch and Tuscan in Maple, shown.
Enter No. 310 in E-inquiry
12. Ornamental Products introduces the Mission Collection, a selection of corbels, onlays and turnings specifically designed for Mission-style cabinetry. Parts are available in White Oak, Maple, Cherry and Resin.
Enter No. 311 in E-inquiry
13. The Soft-Touch Self-Opening hinge from Wood Technology, Inc./Danco features a reverse-action hinge that enables a wood or
aluminum door to slowly swing open on its
own, hands-free, the company notes. The door is held in the closed position with a touch latch and, when pushed, the door releases and opens on its own.
Enter No. 312 in E-inquiry
15. White River Hardwoods-Woodworks, Inc. offers a new line of hand-carved details for cabinetry. The collection includes 360 items ' from Papyrus Capitals and Acanthus finials to 40 hand-carved lineals ' in American Cherry
and Maple. Also included are turned and carved corner posts and numerous feet and legs.
Enter No. 314 in E-inquiry
16. The Villa Collection from Enkeboll Designs is a series of 24 products, including moldings, corbels, onlays, crowns, bases and more. Designer Beverly Ellsley created the line, taking inspiration from 18th-century European design, focusing on French and Italian craftsmanship.
Enter No. 315 in E-inquiry
17. Hettich America, L.P. has added the Optimat 3E to its Optimat line of hinges. The Optimat 3E offers height adjustment via an oblong hole, and also facilitates overlay and depth adjustment via an eccentric cam, the company states. With the hinge, doors can be quickly adjusted in six different directions, the firm adds. All of the hinges in the line feature a shallow cup depth of 10mm and a minimal reveal between door and frame.
Enter No. 316 in E-inquiry
18. Peter Meier Inc. (PMI) introduces the Cabinet Suspension Bracket, an all-metal constructed bracket that provides 290 lbs. per pair of load-carrying capacity per cabinet, the company reports. The bracket has a height adjustment range of 14mm and a depth adjustment range of 11mm. The kit includes cover caps in white, beige or brown that can be fitted over the housing without the use of tools, the firm adds.
Enter No. 317 in E-inquiry
19. Keystone Wood Specialties offers logo branding as a value-added service for dovetailed drawer box customers. The maximum brand size is 3"x1-1/8", the company states.
Enter No. 318 in E-inquiry
20. The D-3090 ' a self-closing, self-locking full-extension drawer slide ' is offered by Selby Furniture Hardware Co. Inc. The three-part, telescopic steel drawer slide closes itself and prevents 'bounce-back,' avoiding accidental extraction when furniture is moved or jarred, the company notes. Available in lengths from 12" to 22", the slide is of the 100-lb. class and offers 1" over-travel and lever-operated disconnect for easy drawer removal.
Enter No. 319 in E-inquiry
21. Klise Mfg. Co. has more than 50 patterns in its line of Carved Rope mouldings. Diameters are available from 3/16" to 2-3/4", depending on the pattern, and configurations include full-round, half-round, quarter-round, three-quarters round and flat on one or two sides. They come in a
variety of wood species, and are made to order.
Enter No. 320 in E-inquiry
23. The new CLIP top zero protrusion hinge from Blum Inc. provides a maximum 155° opening angle, which provides easy access, according to the company. Starting at 90°, inner pull-outs can be fully extended without having to double up on the carcass profile.
Enter No. 322 in E-inquiry
24. Two additional lengths ' 30" and 32" ' have been added to the Flipper Door Slide models 1332/1432 from Accuride International Inc. The 1332/1432 cable system slides accommodate door heights from 36" to 78". It includes a universal adjustable follower strip, which improves rigidity and function of larger doors, according to the company. Models 1332/1432 are available in even lengths from 12" to 32" and a choice of two finishes: electroplate black (standard) and clear zinc (optional).
Enter No. 323 in E-inquiry
25. Architectural Products by Outwater, L.L.C. offers hundreds of different designer wood trims and mouldings, stocked in a variety of wood
species. They can be stained or painted, and
a wide range of sizes is available.
Enter No. 324 in E-inquiry
26. Pr'moul' offers a wide range of melamine and thermofoil cabinet components.
Enter No. 325 in E-inquiry
27. Exact Finish, Inc. makes European-designed, aluminum-frame doors and drawer fronts. A variety of etched pattern glass, translucent color and organic design interior panels are available from the company.
Enter No. 326 in E-inquiry
28. The AP Series from Element Designs
features an array of aluminum cabinet doors
for face-frame and frameless cabinets that have a natural aluminum finish and tempered safety glass. Five glass options are available.
Enter No. 327 in E-inquiry
30. H'fele America Co. offers several
collections of hand-carved products as part
of its extensive line of ornamentals and
mouldings. Chief among those collections
is one made from hardwood maple, cherry
and oak in basketweave, braided, or leaf and berry styles.
Enter No. 329 in E-inquiry
31. BHK of America offers a wide range of boxes that feature precision drawer manufacturing.
Enter No. 330 in E-inquiry
32. The C60 concealed hinge by Ferrari America is available in several overlays, including 1/2", 7/16", 9/16" and 5/8".
Enter No. 331 in E-inquiry
33. The Snap On 3000 Airmatic Hinge by Grass America Inc. features an integrated shock absorber system that can be found in the hinge cup. The hinge comes in both 110' and 120' opening angles.
Enter No. 332 in E-inquiry
34. Pollmeier Inc. European Beech is available in pre-sorted widths, the company states. Six widths are offered, as well as several different length and thickness selections.
Enter No. 333 in E-inquiry
35. Bendix Mouldings, Inc. offers a collection of hand-carved corbels that can be used singularly or as a group to enhance cabinetry, as well as the home and other furnishings.
Enter No. 334 in E-inquiry