Hackensack, NJ The deadline is rapidly approaching for nominations to be received for the fourth annual "Industry Leadership Awards Competition" the Kitchen & Bath Design News-sponsored awards program aimed at citing leadership excellence among kitchen/bath dealers, distributors, cabinet shops, sales reps and manufacturers.
Nominations for the 2002 competition will be accepted only through July 31, with judging to take place in August, said K&BDN editorial director and publisher Eliot Sefrin.
K&BDN's 2002 "Industry Leadership Awards Competition," as in the past three years, is aimed at honoring kitchen and bath industry professionals for outstanding achievements in eight distinct categories that focus on skills in business management, marketing, use of showrooms, industry/community service, and related areas.
First-, second- and third-place winners will be honored in each of the eight categories. Award recipients will be profiled in the October issue of K&BDN, and will receive article reprints and handsome display plaques.
"This annual competition, unique to the kitchen and bath industry, provides an opportunity for recognition that can prove invaluable to a company's stature in the kitchen/bath marketplace," Sefrin said.
The competition's 2002 award categories include the
1. General Excellence in Operating a Kitchen & Bath Dealership.
2. General Excellence in Operating a Kitchen & Bath Distribution or "Whotail" Firm.
3. Most Innovative Kitchen or Bath Retail Marketing Effort.
4. Most Innovative Business Management Strategy.
5. Most Innovative Showroom or Use of Displays.
6. Independent or Factory Sales Rep of the Year.
7. Most Innovative Supplier Support Program.
8. Kitchen & Bath Industry and/or Community Service.
Information on the awards competition including rules, qualifications and nomination forms can be obtained by contacting K&BDN, 2 University Plaza, Suite 310, Hackensack, NJ 07601; telephone: (201) 487-7800; fax: (201) 487-1061.