Awards Competition Still Seeking Entries
Hackensack Nominations are still being accepted for the Kitchen & Bath Design News-sponsored industry awards program, aimed at recognizing leadership excellence among kitchen/bath dealers, distributors, cabinet shops, reps and manufacturers.
K&BDN's second annual "Industry Leadership Awards
Competition" will honor industry professionals for outstanding
achievements in eight categories that focus on skills in business
management, marketing, use of showrooms, industry/community service
and related areas.
Nominations for the 2000 competition are being accepted through June 30.
"Our aim is to recognize the people and the businesses that stand head and shoulders above others in the kitchen and bath industry the people and companies that epitomize what 'real leadership' is all about," said K&BDN publisher Eliot Sefrin. "We want to look beyond sales figures and design skills the two most common areas involved in contests and honor the companies and people that others can benchmark against, use as role models, and even look to as a source of inspiration when it comes to running a business in today's fast-changing market."
Among the competition's award categories are:
1. General excellence in Operating a Kitchen & Bath
2. General Excellence in Operating a Kitchen & Bath Distribution or "Whotail" Firm.
3. Most Innovative Kitchen or Bath Retail Marketing Effort.
4. Most Innovative Business Management Strategy.
5. Most Innovative Showroom or Use of Displays.
6. Independent or Factory Sales Rep of the Year.
7. Most Innovative Supplier Support Program.
8. Kitchen & Bath Industry Service and/or Community Service.
First, second and third place winners will be honored in each category, said Sefrin. Award recipients will be profiled in the October issue of K&BDN, and will receive article reprints and handsome display plaques, he added.
Complete details on the awards competition including rules, qualifications and nomination forms can be obtained by contacting K&BDN, 2 University Plaza, Suite 310, Hackensack, NJ 07601; telephone: (210) 487-7800; fax: (201) 487-1061.