Nominations Sought for New Awards
Hackensack, NJ - Kitchen & Bath Design News has issued a call for nominations for its new industrywide awards program, aimed at recognizing "leadership excellence" at the kitchen/bath dealer, distributor, cabinet shop, sales rep and manufacturer levels.
K&BDN's annual "Industry Leadership Awards Program" - a kitchen and bath industry first - is being launched in 1999 to honor industry professionals for outstanding achievements in eight categories that focus on skills in business management, marketing, use of showrooms, industry/community service and related areas, according to K&BDN publisher Eliot Sefrin.
"Our aim is to recognize the people and the businesses that stand head and shoulders above others in the kitchen and bath industry - the people and companies that epitomize what 'real leadership' is all about," said Sefrin.
The awards program, he noted, "will not cite companies or individuals on the basis of sales volume or design expertise - the two most common focal points for industry competitions.
"Instead," said Sefrin, "K&BDN will be honoring those companies and people that lead the kitchen and bath industry by example, and help raise the industry to a higher level, simply by the way they conduct business each day.
"We want to identify and honor the companies and people that others can benchmark against, use as role models and even look to as a source of inspiration," he said.
Among the competition's award categories are the following:
1. General Excellence in Operating a Kitchen & Bath Dealership: Honoring independent kitchen and bath dealers for overall excellence in management, sales, marketing, customer service, professionalism and other key aspects of operating a successful dealership.
2. General Excellence in Operating a Kitchen & Bath Distribution or "Whotail" Firm: Honoring kitchen/bath distributors or wholesale/retail firms ("whotailers") for overall excellence in management, sales, marketing, customer service and support for dealers, remodelers and other product specifiers.
3. Most Innovative Kitchen or Bath Retail Marketing Effort: Honoring kitchen/bath dealers, whotailers, cabinet shops, multi-branch or other retailers for a targeted marketing effort that successfully combines advertising, promotion and special events, while resulting in sales growth or a business turnaround.
4. Most Innovative Business Management Strategy: Honoring kitchen/bath dealers, whotailers or cabinet shops for successfully implementing a business management strategy that has resulted in a tangible improvement in internal operations, personnel relations or corporate profitability.
5. Most Innovative Showroom or Use of Displays: Honoring kitchen/bath dealers, distributors or whotailers for outstanding pro-duct merchandising, showroom design, use of displays or use of a showroom as a marketing vehicle.
6. Independent or Factory Sales Rep of the Year: Honoring factory-employed or independent sales or customer service representatives for successfully representing the interests of suppliers, while demonstrating superior support and responsiveness to the needs of their customers.
7. Most Innovative Supplier Support Program: Honoring manufacturers, importers or suppliers of kitchen and bath products for implementing a support program that assists dealers or distributors in sales, product expertise, business management, showrooms and related areas.
8. Kitchen & Bath Industry and/or Community Service: Honoring kitchen/bath industry-related individuals, companies or groups for an outstanding contribution to their community or the public at large, or for contributing to the growth in stature and professionalism of the industry.
First, second and third place winners will be honored in each category, said Sefrin. Award recipients will be profiled in the October issue of K&BDN; will receive article reprints and handsome display plaques, and will be honored at the K&BDN-sponsored Kitchen & Bath Design Expo '99, Sept. 30-Oct. 2 in Baltimore.
Judging will be conducted by a panel of industry professionals. The nomination deadline is July 12.
Details on the awards program - including rules, qualifications and nomination forms - can be obtained by contacting K&BDN, 2 University Plaza, Suite 204, Hackensack, NJ 07601; telephone: (201) 487-7800; fax: (201) 487-1061.
Nominations Sought for New Awards