Just a few weeks away, the National Kitchen & Bath Association has announced a spate of updates and new features to debut at the 2012 edition of the Kitchen & Bath Industry Show.
Some notable events taking place at KBIS, which will take place at McCormick Place in Chicago April 26-28, include:
- A keynote speech by HGTV star Candice Olson, host of Divine Design and Candice Tells All. Tuesday, April 24th from 8:30 am - 9:45am.
- KBIS UNcontained: According to the NKBA, the UNcontained exhibit, anchoring the center of the KBIS show floor, is a journey through the lifestyle stories of five unique consumers. You will recognize them. You will relate to them. The containers are not a room in their homes but rather a creative perspective on the attributes and values that have changed the rules of design.
- Specialty Pavilions: A place where new resources in high-interest product categories are now grouped into special pavilions including appliances, cabinetry, decorative hardware, natural stone & tile and international sourcing.
- Collaboration Station: A KBIS first in 2012. NKBA, along with the Custom Electronic Design & Installation Association, and the National Association of the Remodeling Industry are collaborating for a series of business-focused panel discussions. The associations will host seven one-hour panel discussions with collaboration between trades as the overarching topic. Working together, each association brings their own perspective on business and their respective industries. Building professional teams with cross-industry areas of expertise provides a competitive edge for all trade partners involved.
- Multimedia Lounge: Visit the Multimedia Lounge to hear presentations by a highly regarded cabal of industry leaders.
- Know It All Lounge: A place to take a break from the busy pace of the show floor. The NKBA suggests, "While you’re there, make sure to test out some of the newest technology such as the Mobile App and KBIS Connect." Staff will be on-hand to answer questions and help you make the most of your time seeing exhibitors. Cash bar.
- Career Center: Stop at the Career Center to find tips and techniques on how to improve your marketing and your message. Job seekers are encouraged to bring resumes for review by Adecco.
- 12th Annual Crystal Vision Award Breakfast: This annual event honors industry leaders who are partnering with the Storehouse of World Vision, NKBA’s Charity of Choice. The presentation takes place over breakfast on Wednesday, April 25, 8-9:30 am, in Room S406, featuring guest speaker Lou Rohl of ROHL Homes who will offer a firsthand look at how companies in the industry are transforming communities in need across the U.S. There is no fee for the event, however, attendees must preregister at http://crystalvision2012.eventbrite.com.
Additionally, as we reported here last week, the NKBA has added a social media function to its KBIS Connect tool to allow attendees to not only search for product and company information, but to connect to one another as a community. Let us know your thoughts as the show approaches; are you planning to go or sitting this one out? Leave your thoughts in the comments below.