Invest in your design skills and profitability by attending this new program for 2013 led by design authority Ellen Cheever, CMKBD, ASID, CAPS, and Eric Schimelpfenig, AKBD.
Unique to the industry, KBDN’s all-day Art + Science seminars will identify “what’s next” in design and technology so that as a kitchen and bath design professional, you can address the needs of a younger, less-traditional client while increasing your profits in the New Digital Age.
Art + Science will bring KBDN “live” to eight major metro markets. Join us for one or more of these unique all-day seminars. To register for a seminar, click the date/location below.
- May 23 - New York/Mahwah, NJ
- June 20 - Minneapolis
- September 26 - Boston
- October 17 - Chicago
- November 14 - Atlanta
Seminar details: The KBDN Art + Science seminar identifies what’s next in design and technology. This content-rich, all-day seminar begins with a continental breakfast at 8:00 a.m., during which you can learn about new products offered by the program’s sponsors. The seminar, which runs 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., includes a full luncheon. In addition to the class presentations by Ellen and Eric, you receive an elegant, 120-page workbook that includes all the details of the material presented.
- The variety of contemporary styles that American families are interested in
- How to edit traditional rooms so they are more transitional
- Ways to apply the principles of eclectic design in kitchens and bathrooms
- New planning disciplines for master bedroom/bathroom retreats
- How to maximize your efficiency and accuracy using new technology
- Ideas around creating signature design details that will lead to a sale
Ellen Cheever, CMKBD, ASID, has helped shape the kitchen & bath industry as a designer, author, educator, consultant and business leader for more than 35 years. She manages the Wilmington, DE-based Ellen Cheever & Associates, an award-winning design firm with clients across the U.S. She is a member of the National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) Hall of Fame, a former director of educational services for the NKBA, and a regular contributor to Kitchen & Bath Design News.
Eric Schimelpfenig, AKBD, has utilized 3D technology throughout his career as a kitchen/bath designer, educator and corporate consultant. He has taken pencil-and-paper plans and converted them to 3D, worked with Google on Sketchup’s development, created 3D content for numerous corporations, and taught Sketchup to students across the country. He is a columnist in Kitchen & Bath Design News and is often hired to teach Sketchup and speak on emerging technologies in the design field.
Consider bringing your entire staff. Here is what attendees have said about this seminar:
- As a 25 year veteran of kitchen design, an NKBA member, business owner and CKD ... all I could think of is ... I wish my staff were here. It was refreshingly good.
- Definitely satisfies the more advanced designer, but could still keep an intermediate engaged without losing them.
- Eric, thank you so much for speaking “designer,” rather than too techie. You made sense out of scary digital stuff!
- I thought the whole class was excellent. Ellen is a great speaker and a wealth of knowledge.
- I appreciated Ellen’s candor and her generosity in sharing her knowledge. The entire day was very educational.
- Very insightful! Becoming re-inspired from others professionals was a big benefit. Industry dynamics leading to trends are very important when it comes to understanding our new consumers. Taking a moment to ‘zoom out’ and re-exam what’s new is important ... this seminar did all these things for me.
Questions? Call (920) 563-1681
Note: 0.8 CEU credits from NKBA are applicable