KOHLER, WI – iPad users now have the opportunity to "experience" Kohler kitchen and bath products through the launch of the Kohler for iPad app. Users can browse the world of Kohler products and design spaces with this interactive app. Numerous image galleries, detailed product information and instant access to both customer service and Kohler showrooms provide design inspiration and help viewers organize and plan their next kitchen and bathroom projects.
"The KOHLER app provides consumers with the ability to engage with our brand and products in a way that is convenient and relevant," says Shane Judd, director of digital marketing for Kohler.
Exclusive Kohler App features include:
• 360° Virtual Tour – Utilizing augmented reality, viewers can use their iPad as a visual portal to take a 360-degree virtual tour of a bathroom outfitted with several new Kohler products such as the Underscore bath with VibrAcoustic technology and the Numi toilet.
• Virtual Scene – Moving into the kitchen, the augmented reality feature on the app enables users to visualize the Kohler Whitehaven enameled cast iron, apron-front sink in the countertop with the use of image recognition or marker technology, allowing the viewer to visualize their kitchen sink space.
• QR & UPC Scanning – Using the camera features of the consumer's mobile device, the app offers the ability to scan both Quick Response (QR) and Kohler Universal Product Codes (UPC) and provide the product images and specifications for a convenient shopping experience.
• Favorites – Customers have the ability to save locally on their mobile device any Kohler image or color combination image created by the user.
• Sample Box – Visual side-by-side comparison of fixture colors and faucet finishes on your mobile device allows for the hands-on ability to make color and design decisions.
Kohler for iPad follows the recent launch of the Kohler Catalogs app, a library of all current product brochures organized in one area. A version of Kohler for iPhone will be available in a later update.