CLEVELAND, OH — The Marble Institute of America (MIA) has issued its 2012 Awards Program Call for Entries. The call for entries signifies the MIA is now accepting entries for their various awards that honor and recognize natural stone companies, natural stone professionals and architects from around the globe.
The 2012 MIA Awards consists of:
- The Pinnacle Awards are presented to companies whose projects’ beauty, creativity, ingenuity and craftsmanship exemplify professional mastery in the use of natural stone in commercial and residential environments. As a Pinnacle Award winner, the winner will receive widespread recognition for professional accomplishments. All Pinnacle Award of Excellence and Merit winners have the opportunity to invite an architect from the firm involved in their winning project to StonExpo 2013.
- The Grande Pinnacle Award, sponsored by Marmomacc, is presented to the best project across all categories. This award includes a trophy and a trip to Marmomacc 2013 in Verona,Italy. Marmomacc will present a Grande Pinnacle Award to an architect from the firm involved in the winning project. In addition, the architect will win a trip to Marmomacc to attend Veronafiere’s week-long continuing education program on designing with natural stone.
- The MIA Natural Stone Craftsman of the Year Award singles out one craftsman who has physically performed outstanding stone fabrication and/or installation over a period of many years. The individual candidate must have served as an apprentice stone mason and risen through the ranks as journeyman stone mason, foreman and superintendent. In addition, the person honored must have a solid track record of leadership and mentorship.
- The Migliore Award for Lifetime Achievement was established to recognize an individual who has made extraordinary contributions to the natural stone industry and the Marble Institute of America. The award is named for MIA's long-time technical director, the late Vincent R. Migliore, who was its first recipient.
- The MIA Natural Stone Scholarship provides educational opportunities for aspiring fabricators, installers or administrative apprentices interested in furthering their careers within the natural stone industry. The scholarship covers travel and registration costs for one or more recipients to StonExpo and MIA's Annual Meeting. Attendance at StonExpo and the MIA Annual Meeting offers the scholarship winner the opportunity to gain valuable technical and practical knowledge, meet and network with leading stone professionals, deepen his or her commitment to a career in the stone industry, and explore his or her potential for future leadership.