CHICAGO – The Design Center at The Merchandise Mart will unveil a new amenity center for designers and shoppers this winter called “Lounge 1447.” This state-of-the-art facility, designed by renowned designer and architect Gary Lee (who also planned the reorganization and corridor redesign for Design Center floors 14 and 15), will serve as a meeting spot, lounge, office and café on the 14th floor. Lounge 1447, located in the Northwest corner will anchor the floor alongside top showrooms HOLLY HUNT, David Sutherland, Dessin Fournir Companies, Jean de Merry, and Century Furniture.
The amenity center will offer an array of informational resources and services for both the design professional and the visitor, all designed to make their visit to the Design Center more enjoyable.
Amenities for Design Professionals and Consumers:
- Open Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
- Full time Concierge
- Private conference rooms for meetings with clients while shopping the Design Center
- State-of-the-art audio/visual set up for private meetings both large and small
- The Artisan Cellar Café serving hot and cold breakfast, lunch, artisan cheese, snacks, pastries, full espresso bar serving Illy caffe, and a first class wine and craft beer list
- Café tables and seating area for dining
- Computer and work stations to serve as an office away from the office
- Lounge atmosphere for interior designers and consumers to unwind between showroom appointments
- Seating for educational seminars, industry events and presentations
- Design reference library to serve as inspiration
In order to create an inviting environment where designers and visitors can relax, work and entertain, Lee envisioned a bright, open layout with designated seating areas. The state-of-the-art facility is meant to accommodate special events, client meetings, business lunches, and leisure. Keeping with look of the newly designed 14th and 15th floor corridors, Lounge 1447 embodies the same sleek interiors with furniture, lighting and fabric from Design Center showrooms including HOLLY HUNT, ROMO, Jean de Merry, David Sutherland and his namesake showroom, Atelier Gary Lee.
“At Gary Lee Partners, our vision for the Lounge was to create an elegant, dynamic space that will provide a convenient place for designers and their clients to meet throughout their Mart experience,” added Lee. “The concept is designed to be an extension of the new corridor look and features world-class, contemporary products in a sophisticated palette of warm charcoal and platinum grays with caramel and ivory upholstery complements. For the Design community, it will be a great venue for the sharing of ideas.”